Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Influential Skill of my Sister

I have a sister who was always sentimental when it came to writing. She has this ability to change personality when she is holding her pen. She writes poems, mostly about love. I actually liked her pieces and I told myself that I also want to have such skill like she has.

I also started writing short stories and poems. I sometimes get ideas from what she has written. I never reached the point of writing something better than hers. However, I did not stop there. I had made my own pieces. Some were poems, some were songs and some were just another piece finished but not providing satisfaction.

One day, I just realized that I was not a poem-material kind. Honestly, I am still not sure of where to focus, but I know that I can write articles or blogs of any topic if someone obliged me or if I am interested in it.
I think I have just digressed. Anyway, I have my sis’ pile of poems and I just want to share one of those. I am not sure if she is going to permit me but I need no permission. Lol.. Here goes..

“Pain.. Hurt.. Regret..”
Every now and then, I kept rehearsing
The tree lines or ten
Same old words and sentence
So simple, yet makes me so tense
I wanted you to know
This pain I am not trying to show
Every night, I cried
Regretted why I lied
Why can’t I just tell you
These things that make me blue
Maybe I am afraid to lose you
Or afraid that you will break my heart in two
I’m tired of crying
I’m fed up of everything
Why does it have to happen to me?
When I did nothing but tried to be happy
You came to life simply
Thanking Him wholeheartedly
Wished our love was to last forever
But I was wrong …
You have loved me never…

That was a kind f hopeless romantic poem and that was one of my favorite. I’ll be posting more of her poems quite soon.